September 19, 2019 Meeting Agenda, 7:00-8:00 pm, Gloria Dei Church, 1515 Harrison Street
7:00 pm Introductions
7:10 pm Approval of June minutes
7:15 pm Updates
· SWONA Annual Picnic – August 17
· Neighborhood Matching Grant – Fall work party
· Wellington Heights – Change in ownership, stormwater permitting
· Community Policing – Mike Peters
· Recycling presentation – moved to December meeting
· Candidate Forum – October 17, Garfield Elementary School, 7:00-8:30 p.m. Survey for questions out Sept. 11, due Sept. 18
7:30 pm Continuation of Sub-Area planning discussion.
7:50 pm Other business, suggestions for December 19 meeting topics
8:00 pm Adjourn
All neighbors welcome
March 21, 2019
September 20, 2018
- Approval of June meeting minutes
- Financial report
- Picnic feedback/suggestions for next year
- Presidents/VP report – CNA meeting summaries
- Discussion on Wellington Heights:
- Revised submittal
- Next steps
- Gloria Dei Refugee Committee
- Intercity Transit - route changes in the neighborhood starting net week
- POTENTIAL GUEST: Police - neighborhood crime
November 16, 2017
- Call to order and introductions - Introduce yourself to person next to you
- Treasurer's report
- Patrick Knouff, City of Olympia on Emergency Preparedness
- Charlie Stephens, People for a Carbon Free Olympia
- Other business, old, new - SWONA Resolution re: Wellington development, City's new nuisance ordinance
September 21, 2017
- Call to order and introductions - Are you working on your emergency kit? , September is National Preparedness Month
- Treasurer's report
- Edibles along the roadside
- Contributions to newsletter and website editor
- Parks and projects
- Other business, old, new - Picnic recap, Status of property next to Walden Condos and Wellington West
September 17, 2015
The introductory question will be; "How long have you lived in Southwest Olympia?" This ties in to our main agenda item for the evening, SWONA history. We will then have a discussion about what to do with the Poetry Post. As it is now, the post is down and the roof is separated from the post. The ornamental hardware has been salvaged for use on a new post. We need ideas for a new post, ideas about materials, style, and location. We have approximately $1500 in the Decatur Pathway Park budget for this so it must ultimately be located somewhere along the path.
June 18, 2015
I've contacted Chloe Lamenzo about childcare. I put the notice on Next Door as an event, including the agenda items.
Phil will give a brief update on the pathway project as time allows.
March 19, 2015
November 20, 2014
7:00PM – 8:30PM
Meeting called to order by Phil Cornell VP
Bethany Weidner / President
Phil Cornell / VP
Janis Rich / Secretary
Ann Vandeman / Treasurer
Brent McBride / Outreach Coordinator
SWONA members and guests-
7:00 – 7:15
Round table introductions, favorite hobby
Officer reports Good of the order
Board meeting on 11/14/14
7:15 – 7:40
OPD Lt. Jim Costa
Introduction Questions. What happens when someone calls 911?
7:40 – 7:50
Walking Park update
brochure, signage, work parties, Chloe Lamenzo!
7:50 – 8:00
Decatur Pathway Park update
On city council agenda for Dec 9.
Decatur and 16th & Fern are out of the comp plan!
Old Growth Poetry Collective (https://oldgrowthpoetrycollective.wordpress.com/)
8:00 Adjourn -- Next meeting March 19, 2015, annual meeting, electing officers.
8:00 - 8:30 Open Discussion all
Open up to group for other ideas, comments, other events during the year (summer BBQ, New Years Eve, etc).
- SWONA history info, Sherwood Press, Historic Homes, Political activism (Decatur Raiders), historically significant residents
- "Go Green Lawn Care Program", https://olympiawa.gov/city-utilities/storm-and-surface-water/education-and-action/go-green-lawncare-prog, application deadline is January 31, 2015.