OPD Weekly Updates
Hi & Happy New Year,
Here are the maps for the past three weeks:
12-18 to 12-24-13:
12-25 to 12-31-13:
- to 1-7-14:
- Several possible developing trends have emerged and ebbed
- Vehicle prowls remain high
- Most recently, there have been two burglaries in the SE involving pried front doors.
- Over the holidays, officers put together multiple search warrants and were able to break up a burglary, mail theft and auto theft ring on the Westside.
- On January 4th, arsons were reported at Pioneer Elementary and Nova School. Anyone with information is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
- Local Chiefs and the Sheriff are beginning the year by planning monthly regional data-sharing meetings, similar to what OPD does except addressing overall trends in the area. Building on that concept and the benefits detectives have seen from the regional investigative team project, the Chiefs and Sheriff will evaluate information and select county-wide issues to focus on. This may involve a crime trend, a wanted person, a problem location or another issue that affects public safety.
- CrimeReports.com seems to be working well with our new records system. If you want to look for incidents that may not be included on the maps I provide or check for crimes before the weekly map comes out, it is a great tool. The “advanced search” tab allows you to customize dates and crime types. The “identifier” is the case number, which can help me assist you in finding out more details when needed.
Senior Program Specialist
Police Community Programs
Olympia Police Department